Well, you’ve got to love the enthusiasm surrounding this question.
I’ll assume your asking about getting great rankings in the organic search listings as opposed to the Sponsored Listings or the local business listings which comes at the top of the search engine page when someone search with a geographic reference, like “Boston, MA divorce lawyer“.
This is referred to as SEO – Search Engine Optimization. Although there are many components to a well optimized web site, it basically comes down to this (according to Google):
- In your site design, use text rather than images and Flash for important content
- Have relevant and descriptive content on the specific topics you focus on.
- Organize your site such that you have pages that focus on a particular topic
- Avoid HTML frames and iframes
- Use normal URLs, avoiding links that look like form queries (http://www.example.com/engine?id)
- Market your site by having other relevant sites link to yours
- Don’t try to cheat the system (by stuffing your pages of keywords, or attempting to target specific content at search engines, or using link farms)
Bardorf Legal Marketing is a Massachusetts Internet marketing and advertising firm working with lawyers and law firms on enhancing their online effectiveness in the areas of SEO, paid search, social media, affiliate marketing, blog and website development, and targeted local search marketing campaigns.