Mobile phones are a growing part of everyday life. We get directions, find local businesses, play games, and more. Here are the latest statistics on how Americans use our phones.
- Accessing maps and directions is the number one mobile activity, followed by social networking, finding local information and reading news (comScore).
- Mobile searches have quadrupled in the last year (Google).
- One in seven searches are now mobile and one in three mobile searches are local (Google).
- After looking up a local business on their smartphone, 61 percent of users call the business and 59 percent visit (Google).
- 80 per cent of mobile time is spent on apps (Flurry).
- People are now using more apps than ever, launching 7.9 per day (Flurry).
- When given a choice, consumers prefer using an app (85%) over a mobile website (Compuware).