The past few years have seen a dramatic increase in new web sites, directories, and social networks for attorneys. From LinkedIn to Avvo to Facebook to Twitter, it seems like there’s always a new opportunity to promote your business. Faced with finite budgets and resources, many wonder whether or not to implement these new tools at the expense of more time-tested tactics.
Happily it’s not an either/or situation – online marketing techniques can reinforce the effectiveness of relationship building, traditional networking, and lead generation. And as more consumers turn to the Internet, having a strong, complete online presence is more important than ever.
Consider these statistics:
• Most people (97%) search online before making a purchase — anyone seeking an attorney will head to Google first (BIA/Kelsey).
• 66% of American use online local search, like Google local search, to locate local businesses (TMP/comScore/proprietary average).
• 54% of Americans prefer the Internet and local search to phone books (comScore networks).
• When researching products or services in their local area, 90 percent of consumers use search engines, 48 percent use Internet Yellow Pages, and 42 percent use comparison shopping sites.
• 63% of social networkers are more likely to use a local business if the business has information available on a social networking site (Localeze/15miles). [Read more…]